Looking for training for individuals or small teams? Check out the popular Sales Academy program.
Does Your Sales Playbook Need an Upgrade?
The Cerebral Selling training curriculum incorporates the latest knowledge and research in the areas of persuasion theory, neuroscience, and sales psychology. It’s also built around the belief that selling should feel like a natural interaction between two human beings. Where buyers genuinely feel the seller has the ability to help them. It should never feel sleezy, manipulative, or forced.
Our unique combination of science and empathy-based concepts will enable your team to become the type of high-impact sellers customers actually want to talk to!
What Makes Cerebral Selling Training Different?
Salespeople love to learn new strategies and tactics for connecting with customers. But problems occur when salespeople use these tactics without understanding why they work. Without learning the unique combination of science and execution behind them, tactics get used incorrectly or in the wrong situations.
Cerebral Selling training harmonizes tactical knowledge with intellectual curiosity, providing rich instruction that is both highly satisfying and tremendously empowering. Sellers will deeply understand the mechanics behind the tactics they learn and how to moderate them across different selling situations.
Hear what Cerebral Selling clients have to say!
Powerful Delivery Model
One of the biggest challenges with training is knowledge retention. In fact, in a recent survey of 1,000 U.S. employees to measure knowledge retention from trainings, 70 percent of respondents admitted to forgetting what they had been taught within 24 hours of learning!
The Cerebral Selling training program is designed to overcome the retention challenge and deeply embed the tactics covered into the fabric of your sales team in three ways.
Live, interactive group sessions designed to introduce new concepts and tactics. Each session is focused on a specific topic, runs approximately 2.5 hours, and is separated from other others by approximately 3 weeks. With little opportunity for distractions and mental fatigue, and the opportunity to put the teaching into practice immediately when they return to their desks that afternoon, more knowledge is permanently retained.
One of the biggest challenges sales reps have when it comes to making the most of new tactics, is seeing what they look and sound like in actual customer conversations. Facilitated, live call review sessions with their peers provide your team with critical insights into the best-practices for how to use the tactics. These sessions are often done by functional group or role, dramatically increasing their value.
To help drive accountability for the uptake and reinforcement of the training, the Learning Hub provides an online platform to verify comprehension, review key concepts, and deeply embed the tactics with your team. Easy access to recordings, slides, and downloadable resources from each session, along with exercises and quizzes reinforce key concepts. It also provides a platform for new hires to consume program content!
Selections from the core training curriculum below are made for each training engagement (descriptions of each session can be found by clicking the link).
- Secrets of High-Impact Messaging: Ensuring your message breaks through in a sea of sameness
- Mindful Discovery: Uncovering critical insights through science, trust, and empathy
- Cerebral Objection Handling: Understanding the intent beyond the spoken word
- Negotiating for Success: Truths and tactics that drive high impact outcomes
- Foundations of Sales Leadership: Key skills for high-growth leaders
- Mindful Execution: Supercharge your impact through focus and prioritization
Who We Train
From qualification and discovery to messaging and objection handling, Cerebral Selling training will not only increase the effectiveness of your sales development team, but better prepare them for the world of full-cycle selling.
Relentless and mindful execution while satisfying the emotional needs of the modern buyer. The key insights sellers need to achieve maximum results while being the kind of sales professional your customers will love working with!
The sale doesn’t stop after the agreement is signed. Customer Success and Account Managers are critically important when it comes to maximizing the lifetime value of each client, driving upsell, renewal orders, and referrals.
Cerebral leaders are killer coaches that clear roadblocks while driving the accountability and transparency their teams need to stay on track. Get results while building a loyal team that would fight to work with you again!
Select Client Feedback
See a larger list of select clients and their feedback on the clients page.
David’s approach redefined how our global sales team looked at selling like no other training I’ve seen! His content is superior and his delivery is impeccable and engaging. I have never had sellers come back to me after training and ask “When can we do more?!?” That’s when you know they learned a ton.
David delivers the best quality management and sales content we have seen. He gets beyond tactics to the science behind why those tactics work and his approach makes it easy and enjoyable for the team to absorb new concepts. We have seen a significant change in the sophistication of how our team approaches conversations with customers and prospects.
David is an exceptional trainer! He tailors his content based on your company’s specific training needs and facilitates incredible, thoughtful discussions across sales individual contributors and leaders alike. We’ve worked with David over the past year and have a stronger, more effective sales team as a result of this partnership.
Every member of our sales and customer success teams loved David’s training! David was highly engaging and the combination of tactical advice and thought-provoking strategies struck just the right balance. Our team left excited to put their new-found knowledge into practice immediately.
David’s training was truly a milestone for our growing Sales team and his science & empathy-based approach gave us a selling philosophy we desperately needed. He did such a fantastic job connecting with the reps they were actually sad when the training program was over! We’re looking forward to more sessions in the future.
We were very impressed with David’s training! David teaches more than just sales. He teaches the human side of working and communicating with buyers. We have a younger sales team and it’s very rare to find a trainer who can engage, motivate and energize them like David did. He made a big impression on our team and our company!
I can confidently say David’s training drove immediate results. Just days after the training I saw tactics from the program being put into action and our Slack channels were lighting up with team members asking for more. David, you have left your mark on our crew along with a formula for sales success. Thank you!
Our Sales and Customer Success teams loved how David challenged them to think about sales differently. His delivery was very engaging and his honest, empathetic approach really helped put us in our customers’ shoes. The content covered many relevant concepts and armed the team with tons of tactics they could use immediately. Highly recommend!
Secrets of High Impact Messaging: ensuring your message breaks through in a sea of sameness
Description: “What is it you do?”. It’s a question our customers ask us every single day. Yet, it’s one we’re often challenged to answer in a way that creates that critical emotional response in the hearts and minds of our target buyers. Most Sales and Marketing teams fail to deliver their company’s message clearly, consistently, and with the intoxicatingly high conviction needed to inspire their customers to act. They speak the language of solutions instead of the customer’s language of pain and purpose. As a result, most vendors find themselves drowning in a “sea of sameness” with poor lead conversion and millions in lost sales.
What you’ll take away:
- the foundational elements of a high-impact solution pitch
- how to uncover the unseen forces that slow down and prevent our customers from buying
- a deep dive into the mind of our ideal customer and the hidden emotional-motivators that move them to purchase
- a formulaic approach to crafting stories and messages that consistently and deeply resonate with our target audience
- how to develop more confidence and conviction in our delivery of these stories
- an updated and upgraded product story you can use immediately!
Secrets of Mindful Discovery: uncovering critical insights through science, trust, and empathy
Description: discovery is arguably the most critical step in any sales professional’s selling process. It not only helps you understand your customer’s functional, business, and strategic needs but also whether it makes sense to do business together. Unfortunately, many of the most critical discovery insights go unspoken and unshared due to lack of alignment, trust, and focus. Salespeople aren’t always clear about the insights they seek or how they intend to get their customers to share them. This is especially true with younger sellers trying to connect with older, more experienced buyers whose job they’ve never done. As a result, most sellers spend more time losing deals than we do winning. The key to discovery success; listening, adopting the right mindset, building rapport, asking the right questions, and putting yourself in your customer’s shoes.
What you’ll take away:
- How to overcome the experience/tenure/age imbalance with your customer
- Establishing credibility and trust required to maximize disclosure
- Your customer’s “pain spectrum” and the critical discovery insights they hide from you
- How to ensure you come out of every discovery call with the insights you need to move the deal forward and forecast it accurately
- The science of disclosure: how to build trust through science and empathy to uncover your customer’s functional, strategic, and emotional challenges
- How your mindset, approach, and tone impacts discovery success
- A framework to maximize the value of the discovery to both buyer and seller through proper discovery planning and follow-up.
Cerebral Objection Handling: Understanding The Concern Beyond the Spoken Word
Description: the ability to handle customer objections on the road to securing a sale is a core part of a sales professional’s role. Unfortunately, many of us fail to recognize and address the true underlying concern veiled behind some of the most common objections. This results in unnecessarily long sales cycles, missed forecasts, and a poor customer experience. The key to mastering this critical sales competency is to recognize the main types of objection categories we most frequently encounter so you can disarm them quickly with the most effective approach.
What you’ll take away:
- how to identify the secret meaning behind your customer’s objections
- a simple framework for assessing and responding to objections of all types
- matching your tone and approach to your customer’s objection
- 10 high-impact objection handling tactics
- how to combine these tactics into an objection handling narrative you can add to your sales playbook immediately.
Negotiating for Success: Truths and Tactics That Drive High Impact Outcomes
Description: in the modern marketplace, negotiation is about more than just commercial terms and numbers. Time, speed, information, the resources we control, and even feelings, all factor into the bargaining situations we find ourselves in with our customers. That’s why if your goal is to secure a deal that drives a mutually beneficial outcome with a high degree of satisfaction, you need to meet the emotional, temporal, and operational needs of both parties. This session will cover the core tactical and emotional principles of negotiation needed to drive high impact outcomes. Hands-on role-plays will help participants explore and apply their newfound knowledge and tactics throughout the session.
What you’ll take away:
- examining how emotions play into in negotiation interactions and how to navigate them
- the critical role that preparation plays in negotiation success and how to ensure you’ve done enough of it
- how to consider the balance of power in any negotiating situation; how much do you want and which people, systems, processes, or other entities should have it
- a framework for evaluating the value that each concession represents to you and your customer
- tactics to maximize value to both parties while minimizing concessions.
Foundations of Sales Leadership: Key Skills for High-Growth Leaders
Description: Leadership is one of the toughest but most rewarding jobs in sales! We love our teams but the same set of issues and opportunities continue to surface:
- ‘”I have to beg my team to keep their opportunities up-to-date in the CRM and most of the time it feels like they’re just going through the motions”
- “I know coaching my team is important but it’s hard and I don’t spend as much time doing it as I’d like.”
- “My team says they’ll do things but then they don’t! I need to make sure everyone (including me) is accountable and does what they’ve committed to.”
- “I’m not sure my team trying as hard as they can. I need to figure out how I can unlock more of their discretionary effort.”
- “Giving my team feedback (and getting some from them too!) is critical to helping everyone get better but giving and getting honest, authentic feedback is hard.”
As leaders, we’re tasked with driving the engagement, performance, and career development of our people. But leading sales teams, especially during periods of rapid growth and adversity, can be challenging!
Indeed, being the type of people-centric, high-impact leader your team would fight to work with requires a completely different set of skills than simply being a top-performing individual contributor.
Central to these skills are five key leadership behaviors that have a massive impact on our success and ability to grow and scale our businesses quickly. This foundational course will help leaders understand these key behaviors and provide tools, templates, and guides to start you down the road to leadership mastery.
1. Transparency: providing the “why” to go with the “what” will help your team act with greater purpose and be more invested in the outcome.
2. Advocacy: demonstrating to your team that you have their back will create a circle of safety and unlock higher levels of discretionary effort.
3. Coaching: having a system to diagnose issues, demonstrate a deep level of caring, and develop a system to help your team members perform at their best.
4. Accountability: helping ensure both you and your team members do what we say we’ll do to ensure deliverables don’t fall through the cracks.
5. Feedback: establish pathways to both give and get insights that help everyone improve and do their job better.
The program is ideal for revenue-focused leaders of all levels including team leads, managers, directors, and VP’s, but will be particularly valuable for those earlier in their leadership careers looking to establish a strong foundation of leadership practices. The tactics and use-case presented will be relevant to leaders across multiple industries but especially to those leading teams at high-growth B2B technology companies.
Mindful Execution: Supercharge your impact through focus and prioritization
Description: meetings, multitasking, task-switching, and distractions are the silent killers of productivity. Unfortunately, most of our work environments designed to shield us from these elements, are in fact optimized for them! The key to attaining maximum efficiency lies not only in eliminating low-value tasks but learning how to prioritize and focus on the work that matters most to your business.
What you’ll take away:
- insights into the science of productivity
- the three lies of focus we tell ourselves every day
- three tactics you need to master in order to achieve maximum productivity