Secrets of Mindful Discovery: uncovering critical insights through science, trust, and empathy
Description: discovery is arguably the most critical step in any sales professional’s selling process. It not only helps you understand your customer’s functional, business, and strategic needs but also whether it makes sense to do business together. Unfortunately, many of the most critical discovery insights go unspoken and unshared due to lack of alignment, trust, and focus. Salespeople aren’t always clear about the insights they seek or how they intend to get their customers to share them. This is especially true with younger sellers trying to connect with older, more experienced buyers whose job they’ve never done. As a result, most sellers spend more time losing deals than we do winning. The key to discovery success; listening, adopting the right mindset, building rapport, asking the right questions, and putting yourself in your customer’s shoes.
What you’ll take away:
- how to use proven principles of science and empathy to uncover your customer’s business, strategic, and emotional challenges
- how to identify and prioritize the highest value discovery insights
- 5 critical tactics for building rapid trust and credibility with your customers to ensure they feel comfortable sharing their highest-value solution needs with you
- how salespeople can adopt the ideal mindset for going into customer discovery calls
- the importance of next steps and how to architect them to ensure maximum commitment from our customers.