Secrets of Mindful Discovery: uncovering critical insights through science, trust, and empathy
Description: discovery is arguably the most critical step in any sales professional’s selling process. It not only helps you understand your customer’s functional, business, and strategic needs but also whether it makes sense to do business together. Unfortunately, many of the most critical discovery insights go unspoken and unshared due to lack of alignment, trust, and focus. Salespeople aren’t always clear about the insights they seek or how they intend to get their customers to share them. This is especially true with younger sellers trying to connect with older, more experienced buyers whose job they’ve never done. As a result, most sellers spend more time losing deals than we do winning. The key to discovery success; listening, adopting the right mindset, building rapport, asking the right questions, and putting yourself in your customer’s shoes.
What you’ll take away:
- How to overcome the experience/tenure/age imbalance with your customer
- Establishing credibility and trust required to maximize disclosure
- Your customer’s “pain spectrum” and the critical discovery insights they hide from you
- How to ensure you come out of every discovery call with the insights you need to move the deal forward and forecast it accurately
- The science of disclosure: how to build trust through science and empathy to uncover your customer’s functional, strategic, and emotional challenges
- How your mindset, approach, and tone impacts discovery success
- A framework to maximize the value of the discovery to both buyer and seller through proper discovery planning and follow-up.